New format questions

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
How do we edit our posts after publishing?
Can we control the number of days we want our "recent posts" search to go back.
Does the opening forums page default to recent posts, ask all sailors?
I want to see all recent posts back to a certain length of time that I define myself...as it was before. I never mark anything read or unread.... like you would in email... sometimes I re read other replies to refresh myself so I don't confuse facts or repeat what someone else may have said... or to give further detail on a point........

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Here's a good example of why the edit is important... I want to go back and add another question to my original post.... Can I do that rather than post a separate reply in the same thread?
Yes. There should be an edit button at the bottom of your posts, but only for a limited time, so act now!

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
There is an edit button at bottom of responses, but not for new thread.. I can live with that... how long does the edit feature remain on responses... it use to stay for a couple of days.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
There is an edit button at bottom of responses, but not for new thread.. I can live with that... how long does the edit feature remain on responses... it use to stay for a couple of days.
A half-hour, it seems.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
How do we edit our posts after publishing?
There is an edit link at the bottom of your post for 30 minutes. It should be there on new threads, too, so I'll check that out this morning. It's designed to let you clean up typos or clarifications, but not be there so long so you can append replies as an edit, which gets confusing fast.

Can we control the number of days we want our "recent posts" search to go back. I want to see all recent posts back to a certain length of time that I define myself...as it was before. I never mark anything read or unread
Interesting. I didn't consider that as a delineator. The legacy new posts is now like a bottomless cup of coffee, it just keeps going back with no limit. There are lots of easy, new tools in this software to track posts. You can click to "watch" them, then follow them with the link in the nav bar, for one. Give it a try for a few days and let me know.

Does the opening forums page default to recent posts, ask all sailors?
The opening forum page is a list of all the forums, as it was before.

Also, I'm going to move this over to Site Talk to keep it out of the flow of boating stuff. Thanks Joe... I know this is a bit painful but stick with it. Once you learn where everything is it's really good software.