Need info - O'Day Widgeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guzzler

We just purchased an O'Day Widgeon 12 foot daysailer. We're curious about info re when they were built, where to purchase an owner's manual & any other information you might have.

J

Justin - O'day Owner's Web

Boat stuff

Guzzler, Call Rudy at DandR Marine and he'll send you a photocopy of the owner's manual. (508)644-300. Have you sailed the boat yet? O'day's daysailer line is great. And down your way, capsizing now and then is something to look forward to. Let us know how you get to like it. Justin - O'day Owner's Web

R

Rod Johnson

BLUEBIRD

Guzzler, when I replied to your questions about the Widgeon, I left off a few things. First, the Widgeon was in production from about 1962 to 1987, then went back into production in 1991. The deck molding is the clue for telling the age of the boat. 1962-1971(not sure, might be 1972?) the Widgeon had a narrow deck around the sides and bow, there were flotation tanks located at each end of the boat, and the seats along the sides were mahogany, the mast was stepped through a seat (or mast partner) about 18" aft of the forward flotation tank. 1972-1983( again, might be 1981 or 2) the Widgeon was modified to have a molded-in foredeck and the seats were now molded as part of the deck, the mast was stepped through a shelf at the aft end of the deck. The centerboard was now moved by 2 lines, one pulled it up - the other pulled it down. The earlier Widgeons had a lever-operated centerboard. In about 1984 the Widgeon was changed again, the foredeck was eliminated, and the boat was once again all cockpit. The seats were still molded as part of the deck, but now the centerboard was back to a lever-operated type. There was a small cooler/stowage bin in the bow, and the mast was now stepped just aft of the bow stowage bin, not through the deck or seat. Second, for Widgeon questions, you can e-mail me at rjohnson24@juno.com

R

Rebecca

pass it on?

How do you like your boat? I just got mine, as you may see by the forum. Took it out once, got sunburnt, had a blast. I am glad I bought it! Already have too many horses, and this one doesn't eat! Did you ever get the manual?

A

Al Gabriel

O'Day 12

Justin - regarding telephone number in Boat stuff - the phone number for Rudy at DandR Marine is incomplete - you have 508-644-300. Its missing a number. I to need a manual for the O'Day 12

J

Justin - O'day Owner's Web

And the final number is . . .

ONE. Tonight's winning number is: (508)644-3001. Justin - O'day Owner's Web

P

Paul

Righting a Widgeon

My Aunt just bought a 12' Widgeon. I'm kind of her teacher. The info here has been great. I have never flipped one of these before. It looks like it would be tough to right. It looks like it would swamp. Anybody with experience righting a 12' Widgeon? I'm used to a 12' Phanton which I could flip and right all day without a problem.

B

Bob Dalrymple

need mast, rigging and sails for my widgeon

Please send any info on mast, rigging and sails for my widgeon. Bob Dalrymple 17 Grace Moore Rd Saratoga Springs NY 12866 1(518)584 5223 PS. I dont have a web address so please pass this on, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.