Narragansett Bay Sojourn - Thanks Dennis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul Akers

Well, thanks to Dennis we were blessed with SE 15 mph winds. We NEVER get SE wind. Usually S-SW. We sailed everywhere we went at 5-8 kts. Three nights out. Left Portsmouth, RI S-SW to Prudence I. Then to Dutch Harbor on Jamestown I. Then to the quaint fishing village of Wickford, RI then back to Portsmouth. Total of 39 miles under sail. For once we did more sailing than motoring. This was more sailing in three days than on out two week cruise in July on Rhode Island and Long Island Sounds thanks to the remnants of hurricane Dennis.

R

Russell R. Egge

Thanks Dennis

We are based out of Brewers in Wickford (glad you like the village, it is a nice quite little New England town), Allie Cat a 376 between two pilings across from the public dock. We also experienced the same wonderful weather over the weekend. A SE wind in the bay? Spent Saturday nite at Dutch Harbor (did you see the Newport fireworks)and had a great day on Sunday. We are thinking of spending the weekend at Portsmith, and advice for on-shore activities and moorings? T

P

Paul Akers

Hi Russel

We spent Monday night in Wickford tied up in the fingers (8 & 9) beside your boat. I was admiring it. We have an '88 Legend 37. Been to Wickford several times over the years, but the town was buttoning up early on Labor Day eve. No restaurants or shops open, so we hit the bacup provisions (spaghetti) and vegged out all evening. For more info on Brewer's Sakonnet (our home marina) email me at peakers49@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.