My keel

Nov 17, 2015
81 McGregor 25 81 sailboat Tampa fl
Hi I need some help guys rebuilding these MacGregor 25 I have already redundant bottom I'm almost through painting I have to put my keel on but I don't know if it tastes gaskets in the inside of the housing and the cable that comes out of the back I don't know what kind of device to put there for the cable to come through the bottom does anybody have some McGregor that can send me some pictures maybe or any would be appreciated thank you guys God bless

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
http://shop.bwyachts.com/category-s/333.htm

Your keel cable will come through this object that's gooped to the hull, and a hose is clamped to the tube to extend up a foot or so, to within a few inches of the brake winch.
Capture 2.PNG
Very important parts here.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2015
Thank you so much sir, I am going to buy a bolt to put my Keel on because they don't just sail the right one do you know if it is gasket in the outside of it I really appreciate your help buddy thanks

Nov 17, 2015
Thank you that helps it's just the housing are doable walls so I have to cut the outside walls of the housing so I can get to the inside wall and put the gaskets into it then rebuilt the outside walls of the housing with fiberglass I hope you see what I'm trying to say

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
I hope you see what I'm trying to say
I think you're talking about the interior liner? You mean you have no access to the keel and locking bolts from inside the cabin?
You should be able to find the keel pivot bolt hole and locking hole by looking in under the forward dinette seat. There's no liner in there to get in your way. Then you could drill a small hole with a long drill bit from under the dinette seat through the liner on the portside of the keel trunk. Center the bit as best you can in the pivot and locking holes.
Then carefully use a 2-inch hole saw to cut away the liner (just the liner!) you'd just perforated with the small drill bit.

Piotr

Dec 6, 2010
MacGregor 25 Rock Hall, MD
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not cut anything!!!! There are two white rubber caps on the keel trunk side inside the boat. You have to pull these out. This will give you access to two different bolts. The LOWER hole will give you access to the bolt that holds the keel. The upper hole will give you access to where LOCKING bolt goes. This locking bolt should not be bolted - just put it through when you sail and it is deep enough to lower the keel. The picture above shows how SWING BOLT (the LOWER bolt) is attached, This bolt does get bolted. To get to the "other side" of these holes (the right side or the starboard side) you have to remove seat cushion. there will be a piece of plywood covering a hole in the seat (where battery should be). pull the plywood out. Take a flashlight and look into the big hole in the seat toward keel. You will see the other side of the holes. you put the big swing bolt into the LOWER hole in the keel trunk when the keel is there. You have to tighten it.

Nov 17, 2015
I have already bought the pivot bolt and the Locking Bolt Plus the peace where the keel cable comes through on Bluewater yachts thanks to you I wish somebody have the same boat that I can go look at so many questions thank you very much you've been a great help

Piotr

Dec 6, 2010
MacGregor 25 Rock Hall, MD
That's why we are on this forum. You can ask anything. we will try to help.

Nov 17, 2015
Yes you guys being very helpful thank you so much can't wait to be out there in the water. uiiii