My fan runs all the time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RobHoman

I have a rather old A/B refrigeration unit on my boat, and while it seems to be working well enough.....the fan never shuts off. I mean NEVER! I recently had to replace the fan since it gave up the ghost. Put a new one on that I got from A/B. It seemed like it shut off a few times, but now it doesn't. I checked the control module and its a sealed board with no options for repair. The module on the unit is not the original....in fact it looks relatively new. How long should one of these modules last? Is there anything short of replacing the module? Thanks!

M

Mike DiMario

wiring

Rob, It may not be the module, especially if it was always like this. Have the wiring checked. The fan should cycle on and off with the compressor which is controlled by the thermostat. If the compressor cycles on and off and not the evap fan, check or have the wiring checked. It can prolly be wired in parallel with the compressor terminal. It may require a fuse and holder for added protection since the fan draws so little amperage in comparison to the compressor. Anyone you can ask in your marina or area? Mike D

G

Gary Buttrey

question

Rob, which terminals on the control module are the fans wires connected to?

Status
Not open for further replies.