Motor Oil and Fuel Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2005
Macgregor Venture 25 My Backyard
I have a friend that has a late model Honda 9.9 hp motor, and he needs to perform an oil change and replace the fuel filter. When I looked in the motor, I didn't find a filter. Should I have found one? If not okay, but I need to know what weight oil to use in the motor, and approx. how much oil is used. As for the fuel filter, what kind and size is needed. Thanks, all !!!

Apr 25, 2005
Macgregor Venture 25 My Backyard
I have a friend that has a late model Honda 9.9 hp motor, and he needs to perform an oil change and replace the fuel filter. When I looked in the motor, I didn't find a filter. Should I have found one? If not okay, but I need to know what weight oil to use in the motor, and approx. how much oil is used. As for the fuel filter, what kind and size is needed. Thanks, all !!!

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
You can download their manuals at the Honda site.

Here is a link. Frank

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
You can download their manuals at the Honda site.

Here is a link. Frank

Oct 16, 2008
MacGregor/Venture 25 Mesa AZ
Frank

I want to thank you for the tip on the manuals. I bought one of those $30 books from a Honda dealer that has every Model in it. Can't seem to anything specific I need for my model. I could not get the manual to download to the pc, but worked fine when I used the Mac (pun intended:)) Bob

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
You're welcome, I don't know if it helps but I found a

small 3/8"x 3/4" cylindrical filter in the fuel pump where the gas line attaches to the motor. This was on an old early eighties Honda 100. Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.