mast step structure problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simon Gignac

Hey all, I have a probleme with my mast! Every year when I step the mast (mast step on deck) the load compress the deck house too the point where the head door woun't close. Now I look inside the boat to see if there was proper suport under the mast step and I fond some. There is a post going from the inside of the deck house too the sole of the cabine but noting under the sole too the structure of the boat it self. Two questions: Is this a problem too all c-c 27 mk3? And How would you fix the problem ? Thanks for all your ideas Simon Gignac

J

James rohr

sound s similar to my oday

although my mast isn't stepped on the deck. all have to have something solid to step on and doesn't move when the rig is tensioned. my o'day30 keel/centerboard was stepped on a platform that spanned the keel cavity. it was constructed of a sandwich of frp w/a plywood core. ther's nothing wrong with that per se until the ****** drilled a big hole thru it to run the wires out thru the bottom of mast, exposing plywood to bilge. I suspect that there may have been a support of some sort between cabin sole and keel. its also possible that cabin head has gotten soft. when you tighten rig ,there are inboard loads Ie it will pull inboard trying to raise cabin head you'll need to slowly tighten to see what happens first. a good ref. for these loads is principles of yacht design by larsson

Status
Not open for further replies.