Mast Raising System with a Roller Furler

Nov 1, 2019
Macgregor 26d Lake Minnetonka
Is anyone using the mast raising system with a roller furler? I'm connecting the mast raising system to the bow chainplate. When I get the mast up, the line to the raising system interferes with the drum on the roller furler so I can't connect the roller furler without someone pulling on the main sheet (to pull the mast forward). Even then it is a pain to connect the clevis pin.

Is there some sort of trick to using the mast raising system with a roller furler?

I recently purchased this Macgregor 26d and really enjoying it (thanks to all the info on the interwebs).

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I had a similar setup on my 26S. I connected the mast raising line to the bow railing. In general, raising and lowering a mast with a furler is a PITA.

Last edited:

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country

We use a cleat that was on the boat.

Later I did add more backing under it (top arrow) when I added the anchor roller but hadn't had a problem to that point.

We have a furler and when raising the mast I push it up on the jin pole and tie it to the top of it. Works really well that way as it stays out of the way and is right where you need it once the mast is up and the pole is down near the deck,

Sumner

1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...
MacGregor 26-S Mods...Endeavour Sailboat 37 Index
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Florida, Bahamas