Manual for 2007 26M TRAILER

Sep 9, 2019
MacGregor 26M Ghost Lake, Alberta
Does anyone happen to have a manual for a 2007 Trailer manual? I am a NEW owner of a 26M ( New to me). I have downloaded manual of the boat ; but not a trailer manual. I am looking for specifications and part numbers as well as a general guide on how to use the trailer and how to properly install brake pins and fluid levels.

Thank you in advance,

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Congratulations to your new 26M!!

Is there a nameplate on it? Does it have surge brakes? Do you have buddy bearings and a dust cap like these? If not, recommend them to keep your bearings greased. Be sure to connect a safety chain from the trailer to your tow vehicle hitch, check wheel lug nuts for proper torque, lights before, boat hold down straps, bolts, etc. towing, Recommend disconnecting the electrical connection to the trailer before you put the trailer lights in the water to avoid light failure.

1596644976718.png

Might contact Blue Water Yachts sell MacGregor trailer parts for a manual: 26M Aluminum Trailers (2007-2013) OR download a typical boat trailer owner's operation and maintenance manual like the ones below if you cannot obtain your trailer manual.

Feb 21, 2013
..............Recommend disconnecting the electrical connection to the trailer before you put the trailer lights in the water to avoid light failure..................
Just so this statement does not create controversy I am attaching this thread for you to make your own decision on disconnecting electrical connection. I disconnected them from my tandem sport nautique ski boat trailer for 20 years after burning out the lights early in the trailer life.

Sep 9, 2019

Is there a nameplate on it? Does it have surge brakes? Do you have buddy bearings and a dust cap like these? If not, recommend them to keep your bearings greased. Be sure to connect a safety chain from the trailer to your tow vehicle hitch, check wheel lug nuts for proper torque, lights before, boat hold down straps, bolts, etc. towing, Recommend disconnecting the electrical connection to the trailer before you put the trailer lights in the water to avoid light failure.

View attachment 183378
Might contact Blue Water Yachts sell MacGregor trailer parts for a manual: 26M Aluminum Trailers (2007-2013) OR download a typical boat trailer owner's operation and maintenance manual like the ones below if you cannot obtain your trailer manual.

Sep 9, 2019

View attachment 183378

Just so this statement does not create controversy I am attaching this thread for you to make your own decision on disconnecting electrical connection. I disconnected them from my tandem sport nautique ski boat trailer for 20 years after burning out the lights early in the trailer life.

Thank you very much!!!
yes it does have bearing buddies..
just wondering about the surge brake

View attachment 183378

Thank you for your comments, yes it has all the above. My first priority was indeed the safety chain and thank you for all your suggestions...they will be put to good use. Do you know anything about the pin and the device going into the trailer that locks the trailer I believe???
i have posted a pic for your reference. I am just not sure how to use as the PO was not around when I bought the sailboat.
Thank you again...

Feb 21, 2013
Surge brakes work.............this link describes how they work:

I did not see a photo of the pin................but sounds like where you lock the trailer tongue to the tow vehicle hitch. Very important since you do not want the trailer to become disconnected from the tow vehicle hitch while traveling down a bumpy road and is trailer theft deterrent.

1596722183680.png

Feb 21, 2013
Thanks for the photo but I cannot tell what the hanging pin is used for. I will take a guess the upper right hole might be access to trailer wire harness. Might tow the trailer to a trailer shop for a quick consultation. There appear to be several shops near Ghost Lake.

1596726458425.png

Feb 21, 2013
On reflection the cable shown in your photo is the most important safety feature of your trailer. It is the "breakaway" cable that you secure to the tow vehicle's hitch. It activates the trailer's surge brakes in the event the hitch separates from the hitch.