Mac 26s wiring questions...

Nov 15, 2020
Macgregor 26s Bay City Michigabn
New owner of a 26s. Wonder where you've entered your 110v marina cable, fuse box, etc. We're thinking placing these in the head area with a 110v outlet into the galley area and one in the v berth. Also how and where have you hidden wiring into various parts of the boat without having them visible in the cabin? Thankful for this forum. We live in Michigan so the non sailing season is a good time to do our mods.

Aug 5, 2019
Macgregor 26 S NJ
I rewired & replumbed my 1990 26S, adding solar & hot and cold water to the galley sink & outside shower at the motor well. I didn't add shore power. You can pack a lot in the gap between the upper lid of the cabin and the bottom so running things from the back to the galley & head area can be hidden. I ended up with some exposed wires and pex pipe in the head but that was fine with me. From what you are asking I think it should be easy to keep everything wiring wise "hidden" in the head and not seen in the cabin areas.

Attachments

Nov 15, 2020
Thanks for your response.... I'll check out the wiring things you've incorporated... Time to jump in and just do it!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Thanks for your response.... I'll check out the wiring things you've incorporated... Time to jump in and just do it!
The most important part of the installation is planning it. How many and where do you need AC outlets? The PO of our 26S installed the shore power receptacle in the motor well. Seemed to be as good a place as any. We used AC to power the battery charger under the galley where the battery was kept, but not much else. Maybe a tower fan when we were overnight in a slip.

AndyVS

Sep 4, 2015
Corsair 31 UC 179 Port Sanilac
On my boat the PO installed the shore power plug in the motor well. The junction/fuse box is installed in the laz on the cockpit wall in the gap between the motor well and cockpit wall. Wiring in the cabin runs inside the gap between upper and lower liner.

I'm in Southern MI and mostly keep the boat slipped in a small lake. We come to Tawas for a week each summer. Did an overnight to Charity Island last summer.

Tedd

Jul 25, 2013
TES 246 Versus near Vancouver, BC
I agree with @George_NJ , you can probably run everything you need behind the headliner. I like the pex idea, too. On my 26S, on the starboard side, there's a larger than normal gap between the headliner and the hull, so sometimes the wires fall into view. The pex probably makes it easier to route the wire, too.

Nov 15, 2020
Thanks much for your replies! We live near Bay City, Mi. I was going to put the power inlet on the stbd side adjacent to the head area, but if the boat heeled way over the box might submerge. Placing it in the laz is tempting but because the power line is 40 feet I wonder if it would reach marina power boxes that might be further away..... Thanks, so appreciative of this forum!!!!!