Mac 19

Jan 14, 2011
Macgregor 19 Port Coquitlam, B.C. Canada
We've had our 19 for 25 years and only now found this site!!!

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
Welcome aboard! Your profile says you joined the site on 14 Jan 2011. Congratulations on your first post. We have a merry band of helpers here. :beer:

Nov 23, 2011
MacGregor 26D London Ontario Canada
Welcome! I just bought a Mac19. I haven't seen it yet as it's in Nova Scotia. I'm in Ontario. Covid19 travel restrictions are stopping me from picking it up. For now....
I am keeping my Mac 26D for family cruising and am looking froward to the Mac 19 to get out and explore with my buddies and there small sailboats. Usually exploring Georgian Bay.

Jan 14, 2011
Yes, I joined the site years ago but did not realize there was a forum.

Jan 14, 2011
Yes, Chip I joined that site in 2006. I also belong to the Macgregor Yacht Club of British Columbia. www.mycbc.ca
No club cruises because of Covid but we still had club zoom meetings.

Jun 13, 2021
Macgregor 19 Arnes
Hello, I too have just bought and received a 19. Question for Deeseas; when motoring full speed, on your 19 do you keep your rudders up or down?

Apr 11, 2020
MacGregor 26s Scott's Landing, Grapevine TX
I was not familiar with the Mac 19, so I looked it up. It's amazing how Roger MacGregor was able to maximize sleeping space and still maintain functionality in his designs. Enjoy!

Jan 14, 2011
Prairiesailor19
I removed my rudders as they were useless when under power. When we do sail I just use the motor to steer as a rudder. Not going to break any speed records but the wife does not like hard sailing, just a nice easy sail down the lake.
Doug

Jun 13, 2021
Macgregor 19 Arnes
Whoa, thanks for your reply, I'll have to look out for this. Previous owners fixed the motor in place and took off the tiller in favor of mounted throttle. Not able to do sea trials for another two weeks. Will be interesting. I'll let you know.