Looking for new sails

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James Taylor

I'm looking for a new main and jib for my Cat 30. Has any one purchased sail for National Sail Supply? They have good prices but are the sails any good?

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

Depends

Hi James! I haven't heard of this company, which could be a cause for concern right there. From what I understand regarding sails, you get what you pay for. I'm not saying their sails aren't perfectly usable, but are they right for your purpose? Where do you sail & in what kind of conditions? Do you think you might be better off trying to find slightly used sails from a better known loft? Just some thoughts. Good luck! LaDonna

C

Chris Bloor

New vs. Used

James, don't rule out used sails. I found Atlantic Sail Traders on the internet at www.usedsails.com(I think!). I found Bob a virtually NEW symmetrical spinnaker for our C-42 for $1100 -- about one-quarter of the new price. It's in perfect shape! Not a patch, dirt spot -- NOTHING! It has numbers we have to peel off and replace, but in absolutely perfect condition. They rate the sails from 1 which is like new to 10 which is garbage can liner. Their phone number is 1-800-WIND-800 and they are VERY knowledgeable in how to measure for the various types of sails you may need. Then I went back in and found several options, Bob chose the one he wanted, and voila. New spinnaker for CHEAP! They're also quick -- I think we had it two or three days after I ordered it. And most of them are well-known names -- this one is North. (Plus you get a "free" T-Shirt with each order! Ha!) Anyway, don't rule out used -- we had excellent luck with this outfit! Good luck and happy sailing -- Chris Bloor (C-42 Great Escape III)

R

Richard

I have some used jibs

You can look at my website at http://home.pacbell.net/rclack/cat30/ I just installed rollerfurling and can't use most of my jibs now...

R

Ray Cochrane

I have some C-30 sails

I have a 150% Genoa (luff tape) like new. Also have a 90% Strom jib. contact me at recochrane@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.