Looking for a waste cap

May 4, 2012
Hunter 45DS Toronto
Hi everyone, I was out on the boat for the weekend and went in for a pump out. Unfortunately the attendant neglected to put the waste cap back on and it was lost. I went to Hunterowners.com and unfortunately the part is discontinued and they have not found another one that is the same size.

Has anyone had the same issue and found a replacement. The picture also has the dimensions.

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Herrington South, MD
While not an easy answer you can just replace the entire piece. I had to take the entire piece out due to failure of the deck gasket and leakage into the boat.

Jan 12, 2011
Hunter 410 full time cruiser
I lost one once and just went and got a cap at West Marine. It didn't fit perfect flush with the OEM fitting, but it worked well enough and sealed fine.

May 19, 2020
Hunter 30-2 Quincy
As a temporary fix what about one of those rubber dinghy scupper stoppers that has a round piece of rubber between two washers? When you flip the handle it squishes the rubber and makes a seal. Might work if you can find the right size.

Jul 6, 2017
Hunter H 41DS Hampton, VA
I keep an extra cheap plastic cap in my kit just in case I end up loosing an OEM cap one day. West Marine / Defender Marine has them.

May 4, 2012
Hunter 45DS Toronto
As a temporary fix what about one of those rubber dinghy scupper stoppers that has a round piece of rubber between two washers? When you flip the handle it squishes the rubber and makes a seal. Might work if you can find the right size.
Great idea, thanks. Murray