Login/registration changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Hi everyone,

I made changes to the login/registration process to fend off some bot attacks we've experienced lately. They're not a security issue, but they'll hit certain pages thousands of times in a few seconds, which spikes the server load.

The changes should be completely transparent but if you have any trouble or see anything weird in login or registration please reply here or PM me.

Thanks!

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
high dollar

Hi everyone,

I made changes to the login/registration process to fend off some bot attacks we've experienced lately. They're not a security issue, but they'll hit certain pages thousands of times in a few seconds, which spikes the server load.

The changes should be completely transparent but if you have any trouble or see anything weird in login or registration please reply here or PM me.

Thanks!
-------------- // --------------------

I hope you are paying yourself high dollars
for all the work you are doing.

Maybe a cruise would be appropriate?

Have you considered writing a column
about coastal cruising? Your contributor
hit an iceberg?

Ed K

Apr 8, 2010
Frers 33 41426 Westport, CT
Cannot login from the android app.... get an error that the plugin may be out of date

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Thanks FourPoints, fixed that just now. It was an error related to the changes mentioned above.

May 10, 2008
Catalina 355 Boston
Hi Phil,
I am getting a 'loading' error on my iPad. It's telling me it is timing out at the server.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Huh. I've never seen that one before. The error coming up recently mentioned an outdated version of the plug-in.

Anyone else see or know this error?

May 10, 2008
Catalina 355 Boston
Phil Herring said:
Huh. I've never seen that one before. The error coming up recently mentioned an outdated version of the plug-in.

Anyone else see or know this error?
I can now access the app. Not sure if you did anything on your end, but thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.