Locations of through hulls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2005
Catalina 30 Banderas Bay, Mexico
I'm doing a refit this winter. I have C-30 #10, built in 1975. It still has two of the original glassed in pipes with gate valves for the sink drain and the engine raw water intake. The head discharge and intake through hulls are under the port side settee. Where are the through hulls on the newer boats? I'm going to change the glassed in pipes and gate valves for proper through hulls and seacocks (not pipe fittings and ball valves). I'm also going to change the head intake to a flush fitting rather than the mushroom type that is there now. The head intake and discharge need to be moved so I can finally install a holding tank. The head intake can go under the sink in the head. I suspect the discharge should go somewhere aft of the macerator? The sink in the head shares the galley sink drain (long hose), do the new boats also use this system? I'm assuming the holding tank should go under the port settee (where my through hulls are now)? How big is the tank? I'd like to know where the through hulls are on the newer boats so I can end up with a system that works correctly. Thanks in advance! :)

Oct 17, 2005
Catalina 30 Edmonton
I can fax a plumbing diagram

I have manuals for 1987 MkII C30. If you give a fax # I can send you a copy. I will let someone else that is more familiar with their boat answer your questions. I am too new to my C30. Still learning what all those hoses do. Ken

Oct 25, 2005
Catalina 30 Banderas Bay, Mexico
no fax :(

Thanks for the offer. I don't have a fax in my home office. If no one answers before next week, I'll give you my wife's work fax #. All I need is basic locations. Like the waste discharge through hull is in the port cockpit locker low and aft ... something like that would be perfect.

Jim C

Jun 18, 2004
Catalina 30 Tulsa, OK
Locations

Moody, Mine is a 93 MkII. The head sink is tee-d into the head intake thru-hull. The head intake/sink drain is forward of the head. There's a small door (8"X8"?) in the bulkhead for access. The engine intake and head discharge are under the port settee section just forward of the galley. The galley sink drain is directly below the galley. Hope this helps. Jim

hfxns

Jan 24, 2006
Beneteau 323 Chester Basin, NS
Response

I am pretty sure if you look on the International Catalina 30 site, they have a section on how to do modifications and maintenance and they tell you how to make the change to Sea Cocks etc. I looked it up, because when I first got my boat I couldn't find the seacocks. I used to have a C&C 30 and they were in a different location - under the dinette table against the aft wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.