Links do not work

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I've been going back and looking at older threads in Maine Sail's Musings forum and find a lot of links in threads just bring up the main forums page.
I thought it was because some of the posts were several years old but came across a thread with a post dated 2017 and this link
http://forums.catalina.sailboatowners.com/showthread.php?p=1103132
didn't work.
Did something change in the forum that broke these links?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@Phil Herring Maybe the Ghost Busters is not an avatar for the task... And I love the Battle Ship image.. Is that the USS New Jersey (BB-62) Sydney to Hobart cruise 1988?
Maybe.... Since you banish the Gremlins on the SBO Forum...

Gremlin1.gif

Or during these no sailing doldrums a contest might be run?

Last edited:

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Thanks @Phil Herring
I figured it had to do with forum changes. I guess someone saved an old link and used that in 2017.
Thanks for the quick fix.

Oct 22, 2014
I understand and She is a fine ship. I just could not find that image I remember visiting her in Bremerton before she was moved to HI. I think I contributed to her being saved fund.
Found this one... Guns blazing off Sidney in 1986 Look how she is pushed to the side...New meaning to Guns Blazing.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I was on her in Bremerton, I think it was the year my family came up for the world's fair. Such a beautiful ship; look at that sheer line! I'll bet it was a hoot to be on an Iowa Class for one of those broadsides.

Oct 22, 2014
Yes... Noisy I will bet. I do not think they could let crew out on deck...

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
A close friend of mine was Operations officer on her round the world cruise sometime in the 80s. Another friend of mine was Operations officer on her during Desert Storm. When a full broadside was fired she moved sideways 4'. Crew were also not to be topside as the concussion or air blast would harm them. Absolutely marvels of engineering and to me a thing of beauty.