Limited water intake into toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmorin

Nov 10, 2004
- - Falmouth, ME
When I wet bowl pump the head, very little water comes into the head, the seacock is open. When I fill the sink in the head with water and close the seacock, the head flushes fine. Good pressure and flowage of water. The water drains out of the sink into the head. Would this suggest the through hull is clogged with something? If so, where would I begin to unclog it? Thanks CM

May 25, 2004
Oday 25 Tampa Bay
Can't help with that question, but.....

You had asked me to keep in touch about SR marine instruments, I remember you because my brother lives on the Blackstrap Rd in Falmouth and I learned to sail in the 70's on a Pearson named "Irene" in Falmouth, many good memories, anyway, SR marine has a web page under srinstruments.com I mailed my knotmeter on Thursday and heard from them on the following Tuesday, they could repair/replace the part that goes thru to the water for 100 bucks including a new bezel so the face/instrument looks new or I could trade the whole thing in and get 50% off a new one. I opted for the rebuild but the holes are the same if I had gone with new. I couldn't be happier with their customer service. If your instruments fail you or are looking old and you have a few extra bucks dealing with these people is a pleasure, good luck and see you on Casco Bay sometime, jack

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 30 MKII Channel Islands Harbor, CA
Might try this

We have a similar setup. In our case, the head inlet (via the thru-hull) and the line from the sink drain are connected with a tee fitting. That means you can either flush with sea water or fill the sink, then flush using the fresh water that drains from the sink. It also means that air can enter through the sink drain when the sink is empty. You might try blocking the sink drain with some type of air-tight stopper and see if that prevents air entering the head inlet, which in turn allows the head pump to prime via the thru-hull. When ours fails to prime due to air, we just run a little fresh water in the sink to get things primed and it works fine. Gary Kunkel

cmorin

Nov 10, 2004
- - Falmouth, ME
Irene

Jack, small world, was that P-30 owned by someone with the last name Milkernen (spelling may be wrong) ? Chris

May 25, 2004
Oday 25 Tampa Bay
Irene

Chris, Yes, Mulkern. Were you friends with Mom and dad or one of the three boys? Was it a p-30? It seemed soooo much bigger back then. email me if you would like, Jack scoyne@tampabay.rr.com

Status
Not open for further replies.