Last minute Christmas gift ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2007
- - Horton Bay, MI
So, it's the 11th hour and I just KNOW someone out there is going, 'oh crap!' Here's my list of fun stuff: 1) A shackle dog - neat little aluminum gizmo that opens shackles and beer bottles - very cool and inexpensive! (search the web... couldn't find them here... Phil? :) ) 2) Weather for Sailors (book) - a very detailed, academic look at weather from the high-level to the local level from North Sails - good info to know. (www.apsltd.com) 3) Auto-inflate life jackets (found at the Chandlery right here - it's where I bought mine!) - I don't know, nothing like solo sailing and knowing you'll live... "IF" :) Plus you just look all Captain-like when you leave the dock! :) 4) Engraved wine glasses (lexan - found here) The Chandlery does a GREAT job on these and they are quite inexpensive. Plus, when you have friends over, it turns your 'boat' into a 'yacht'. ;) 5) Bug screens - (also found here) - if you don't have top side hatch screens, GET THESE! You can leave the hatch open and dang are the cool! :) Plus they fold down to nothing... 6) Sailor Bags - these are bags made of recycled sails - good resin, water proof and hold a ton! My crew (okay, first mate) has books, iPod, Gameboy DS, and a load of stuff that she always worries about during the dingy ride. Get her a bag that will protect everything and make the row to the mooring a bit easier! :) (sailorbags.com) Anyone else? What are you buying the sailor (or Admiral) on your list? Dave Crowley s/v Wind Dreamer II P303

Status
Not open for further replies.