Lancer Boats

Sep 27, 2010
Lancer 28 Ventura, CA
Hi We have Lancer 28’ 1982 shoal draft, outboard 9.9. We sail in the Channel Islands area of California. We have had all the problems, leaky ports, replaced ballast , helm and wheel problems. Chain locker hatch problems, electrical problems. I have changed to 130 % Genoa w/ roller furling.

Our Lancer is on a trailer ( Zeman ). I launch at the public ramp Channel Islands Harbor. I have rebuilt the trailer with a extendable hitch.

To raise the Mast I use an A frame and eclectic winch that is mounted to the trailer, also the winch is used to retrieve the boat. a

We have sailed in high wind and seas. This is good stand-up head room. We changed the stove to a compartment with top to work main traveler ( stand on top and sink cover ). Bring on butane stove for cooking. This is a good all around boat for cruising/racing after fixing up. Our PHRF is 252.

If you would like a detailed expiation of repairs. Mast raising, or trailer hitch. Please Post

Jun 18, 2021
Lancer 28 Mass
Hi Sidney
My 78 Lancer 28 (was given to me) needs new companion way hatch slides mine are missing could you please take measurements I would like to know if this would do...Thanks