Lancer 36 Portlight Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2011
Lancer 36 Titusville
I am getting ready to replace the 10 port lights on my Lancer 36. Any suggestions on which type to go with? Beckson, Bowmar, Lewmar. I can only assume the size is a standard 7x14 based on preliminary measurements,

Feb 24, 2009
Lancer 28 Elberton, GA
We're replacing our 8 portlights next year. Looking into it--I found New Found Metals to sell what appears to be an exceptional portlight. Pricey but well made. There are videos about them on YouTube. Stainless. Nice looking. That being said---they cost $300-$400 each. I think the website is www.newfoundmetals.com

Nov 26, 2007
Lancer 25 SoCal
Good morning mpergola. We have different boats and therefore different requirements / price points! I replaced mine with Beckson and all six ports now open. Great ventilation! Additionally, before I installed the ports, I removed about an inch of the wood core surrounding the port and replaced it with epoxy to reduce the chance of water damage.

-----
I attached a photo showing the amount of wood core that I removed. Also, I've had problems with the barrell bolts loosening and plan on replacing them with pan head SS machine screws and nuts with nylon inserts. This may have resulted from vibration while going 55 mph to winward.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.