Lancer 28 rigging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2012
lancer 28 league city
Hello all, I just bought my first sailboat a lancer 28. The rigging is all there except the ropes. after hours of searching online for a diagram I have come up empty handed. It looks like rope should run through the inside of the mast, but i don't know. Do ANYONE know where I can locate a diagram of the rigging? or can you explain to me where the ropes should run. Many thanks in advance.

Feb 1, 2007
-Lancer -28 The Sea Of Cortez
There are no "ropes" on boats. Boats use "lines"..Your boat has both "Standing Rigging" and "Running Rigging"..The standing rigging is made from stainless steel cable and supports the mast. The running rigging is used to control the sails, raise and lower them, (halyards) and trim them for best position while under sail (sheets and other lines)...You may need downhauls, backhauls, topping lifts, to name a few..

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Congratulations on your new boat. While it may be difficult to find specific information on your boat (you have Googled it ruthlessly, right?), you can find a lot of information out on rigging websites. Try www.harken.com for starters. Good luck.

Sep 27, 2010
Lancer 28 Ventura, CA
Hi, I have a 1982 Lancer 28. My Halyards run inside the mast. I use all line 3/8 low starch. You could get two colors ,main and jib. My Main Halyard runs from the winch on the Mast (starboard side) through a slot in the mast above the winch, inside to the sheave (roller) on the top for the mast back, and down the back of the mast to the Main Sail. The Jib the same but on the Port Side, and to the front. I think the Halyards on the inside of the Mast are the best way to go. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.