Lancer 27PS - Dodger sources?

Jul 26, 2019
Lancer PS Thunder Bay
Does anyone know a company that sells dodgers that will fit the Lancer 27PS? I would love a dodger on Lake Superior. Is there another model that fits? Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Jeff Barry

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Jeff, it doesn't work that way. Even identical boats have different dodgers.

Here are some examples:

Dodger Height 101 with Pictures and Links

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,7161.0.html

Find someone local. Other option is mail order from, say, Island Nautical, but without local sourcing adjustments may be hard to make.

Good luck.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Does anyone know a company that sells dodgers that will fit the Lancer 27PS? I would love a dodger on Lake Superior. Is there another model that fits? Any info would be appreciated.
Sailrite has what is needed for dodgers and bimini frames and such- even the bows, though they are sent in 3 pieces. When I bought my B323, I clould have bought Bim&dodg included, but having seen one or two that were so made, I decided to make my own to fit and suit me. I'm 69.5 inches tall, and my from bimini bow was made for 70 inches. The lower the bimini, the more shade/less sun you get IN the cockpit. The middle partial bow was raise to increase headroom at the helm and improve the slope fore&aft for rain drainage. The aft bow was high enough I could just turn and look aft for traffic.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Some of the companies that make dodgers have patterns for different boats. But the best way to get want you want is to find a local company that can measure design and build a custom dodger. My wife made one for our Ranger 29 and it was a daunting task. Issues come up as to whether you will helm the boat looking above it or thru it. Big difference. If you want to look over it will you have headroom to go below. Windows - you need them. Do you want them to open? Removable panels? Will the side of the dodger interfere with the winch handle circumference? Can you get out of the cockpit without undue interference to the side deck, or off the boat? Handholds (I strongly recommend them)? Will the dodger fold down easily? Fit forward of the companionway? A great dodger is a huge improvement to life aboard. And it is a work of art. If you can get a pro to build you one.