Lancer 25 Tabernacle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2013
Lancer 25 Lake Hartwell
Hi,
Just bought a 1979 Lancer 25. Looking at the foot of the mast it looks flat. It has a bolt thru the mast and thru a stainless and sloted tabernacle that appears to be attached to the boat from underneath the tabernacle..My questions, Is there a casting under the mast? Does the mast have to be elevated up the slot in order to tilt it back?
Thanks
Little Dipper

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Use your jib halyard as a safety line when you loosen the forestay.

Nov 9, 2008
Pearson-O'Day 290 Portland Maine
LD,

Don't know if you've dug in yet but the base of the mast should be open. The mast will pivot on the bolt which slides up as the mast is stepped and down when it sits on the base. Once the standing rigging is taut, it's going nowhere!

Jan 14, 2013
Lancer 25 Lake Hartwell
Little Dipper Mast

Thanks for the reply.. It only took me 2 days to get the lancer 25 home.. First day crossing the lake in the cold and the second day adjusting it to my trailer.. I got the mast down by taking loose the forward side stay on both sides, loosing the other 2 and easing the mast back with the help of a tri-pod. Did it without help.. Scary the first time.. My mast is flat on the bottom and I am wondering if I should round it a little..Seems to work fine like it is.. Next big challange is leaky windows.. The mast chain plates seem small but do not show any cracks or rust.. If the 1/8 SS plates dont break it will have to go thru the deck to get loose..

Nov 26, 2007
Lancer 25 SoCal
Good evening Little Dipper. I have a 79 L25 and the bottom of my mast is open...see photo. I also replaced my tabernacle, which included a base plate that had holes along three sides to accommodate snap shackles. I did cut a notch in the front of the mast to accommodate easier raising & lowering. I bought the tabernacle from deyer marine... https://www.dwyermast.com/items.asp...are&familyID=27&familyName=Tabernacles+&+Pins
Hope this helps, Steve

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.