Just bought 36 Lancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2013
Lancer 1980 36 Foot Lancer Shoal Draft Annapolis, MD
We are very excited purchasing an 1980 36 Lancer in really great shape. Can someone tell us specifically where the thru hull locations are? It has been in the water for 3 years and want to dive and clean out the openings and the prop. Thanks:dance:

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Unfortunately, we do not have very much useful information on many of the Lancer boats. You might try doing a Google (I am sure you already have) for other Lancer 36 boats for sale. See if you get any info from those sellers.

My next suggestion would be to go ahead and dive the boat and check how many thru hulls you have. Then you can look inside for tale-tell signs of seacocks. If I were to guess, I would say, galley, head (in and out), knot, and depth. Just a guess.

And congrats on the 'new-to-you' 36!

Oct 2, 2013
Lancer 1980 36 Foot Lancer Shoal Draft Annapolis, MD
Unfortunately, we do not have very much useful information on many of the Lancer boats. You might try doing a Google (I am sure you already have) for other Lancer 36 boats for sale. See if you get any info from those sellers.

My next suggestion would be to go ahead and dive the boat and check how many thru hulls you have. Then you can look inside for tale-tell signs of seacocks. If I were to guess, I would say, galley, head (in and out), knot, and depth. Just a guess.

And congrats on the 'new-to-you' 36!

Thanks Brian, I see you have posted a lot. I was in Oceanside last in 1984, it was a nice trip. There is a strong following with Lancers especially the 36.

We bought the Lancer in Annapolis area and settle up this weekend. Had 3 previous owners. First had it for 6 years, 2nd had it for 26 years, and the latest owner we bought from only had it for a year. We have all, I mean all the documentation, original binder filled with original paperwork like the sales order, sales brochure, information, original articles, bill of sales, correspondence between the 2 original owners, Yanmar book, brochures on different boat operating hardware, and copies of the captain's log. Also the vessel was Coast Guard documented in the beginning and have all of that as well.

My last vessel an 88' Pearson 27 had all the original paperwork as well.

What is interesting it was built with a Shoal keel at 4'11" not like the typical 6'2" draft fin keel. We are basically Chesapeake bay cruising folk so this draft will work out better for the bay here on the east coast.

I hired a diver so I will let him figure out the thru hull points. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.