Jabsco toilet doesn't take in water

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryL

May 21, 2004
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 409 Mt. Sinai, NY
Hello, After putting my boat back in the water, all is good. Except, the head doesn't pump water in. It's a Jasbco head (I know I know, it's a cheap POS, but I didn't know any better when I installed in in 2004). It will pump water out, but not in. I know the raw water intake is open because I can take the intake hose off and get water to flow. I have looked at a few sites that have parts list, but I can't figure out which rebuild kit I need, A, B, etc. Any suggestions (besides buying a better head)? Thanks, Barry

Jun 3, 2004
Pearson 323 Staten Island
Same problem

I dumed some water in & kept pumping until it primed itself. It's OK now

Aug 12, 2005
- - -
Toilet inflow

Have you pushed the "pump in pump out" lever over to its limit of travel I recently installed a "service kit" and found that because the rubber components were new and slighter thicker the lever needed to be pushed completely over to the discharge position and held in position after some usage it has now worn in and is no trouble

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
My guess:

Either you forgot to open the intake seacock...or, if you left the toilet in the "dry" position over the winter, the flapper valve in the pump has distorted. Replace it and you should be good to go.

BarryL

May 21, 2004
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 409 Mt. Sinai, NY
Problem Fixed

Hello, Thanks for the suggestions. I went to the boat and took the top of the pump off. There are 6 small screws that hold the cover on. I removed the pump and looked inside. Everything seemed to be OK. But the pump still would not suck water in. I tried priming it, still no go. Then I removed the hose from the pump to the bowl and pumped some more. This time water came out. I thought that maybe there was a blockage in that line, but it was clear. Regardless the pump started working. I put everything back together and it works and does not leak. So far so good! Thanks again, Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.