Its that time again....

Jan 25, 2017
Macgregor V222 Kentucky Lake
Yes great boat (Jim) and great movie (Peter). Funny once you become aware of a boat and model you start to see more of them. (We literally saw a Formosa 40 something, not quite the 51' at Bear Point Marina in Perdido Bay). The owners had lived on her for 14 years they were selling and coming ashore for health reasons. They wanted 60K. Though I too love the classic lines and dream of a big boat, the more I sail and research and nice, used 31 foot Hunter or Beneteau is more practical and less maintenance. Who am I kidding... this old V222 is almost more than I can handle. Let us know what you find out about that keel Jim. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Nov 29, 2012
I learned to sail by: 1) crewing on a Cal 2-24, and 2) studying the Sea Eaxplorer manual. Shortly after I was single handed sailing a 38’ yawl.

Feb 28, 2018
MacGregor 25 Orlando
Hey Jim! How’d you make out on the boat this weekend? First sail is almost always eye opening - and tends to make your to-do list longer (and changes it a bit). Hopefully it all went well, you didn’t break anything (too badly - I amanaged to destroy my headsail on the first outing), and you had a blast! With luck, there was even some wind!