Islander AC breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2010
Hunter 27-3 Erie
I have one breaker on my AC panel and would like to add a few more for other circuits. I would also like to maintain the stock look by adding factory original breakers. For those not familiar with them, these factory breakers also act as on/off switches for the circuits.....and, are push buttons, not the usual toggle style switches.

I have searched the catalogs and web and aksed my local marine store, no dice. I can find push button breakers from Blue Seas and other suppliers, however they are meant to be used with switches as circuit protection, not act as both switches and breakers. The factory units are mounted through a single hole in the panel and held in place by a nut similar to those used on a toggle switch. The terminals are screw termianls, not spade connectors.

Any thoughts on a supplier here in the states?

Jun 3, 2010
Hunter 27-3 Erie
Update on this

The manufacturer of these breakers, Schurter, is based out of Switzerland, although has branch offices around the world. So, the good news is that they are still around. The bad news is that these breakers are no longer shown as an "active part number", which to me and a supplier means that are discontinued. the company website offers a warehouse search which shows none in stock anywhere.

Feb 13, 2011
United Sailing Yacht 18 Beaver Lake
If you have not found a source for the CBs, you might try an aircraft part store.

Cheers,

May 16, 2011
Islander 32 Muskegon
Try the Islander 36 website--www.islander36.org if you have not located one thus far.
I know that Torresen Marine carries them at their online store.

Status
Not open for further replies.