Is this a MacGregor 24?

Nov 9, 2020
Catalina catalina 22 swing keel I am just registering
Can anyone tell me if this is a MacGregor 24? I am thinking about buying this boat and I am a first time buyer. Thank you for any suggestions..Layne

2020-11-18.png

Aug 5, 2019
Macgregor 26 S NJ
Niiiice!!!! You got good friends.
Believe it or not, it was being given away on craigslist by a stranger. I had just bought the 26S two weeks earlier having to drive 3-1/2 hours away to get it when this guy posted the 222 for free right in my own town. My wife was none too happy but I went and got it anyway. It just needs to be cleaned up a little and the cabin ceiling painted. He had everything for it and all in great shape, the sails are very nice and clean, the poptop cover, the interior cushions, and the cockpit cushions. A real nice guy, all he asked is that when I take it out that I invite him one time as he bought it right after his divorce and he never got to take it out himself.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Believe it or not, it was being given away on craigslist by a stranger. I had just bought the 26S two weeks earlier having to drive 3-1/2 hours away to get it when this guy posted the 222 for free right in my own town. My wife was none too happy but I went and got it anyway. It just needs to be cleaned up a little and the cabin ceiling painted. He had everything for it and all in great shape, the sails are very nice and clean, the poptop cover, the interior cushions, and the cockpit cushions. A real nice guy, all he asked is that when I take it out that I invite him one time as he bought it right after his divorce and he never got to take it out himself.
Which one will you keep? Of the boats I mean, not the wife! :biggrin:

Jul 29, 2010
Macgregor 76 V-25 #928 Lake Mead, Nevada
Pretty sure it's a Venture 222 (Mac built). Is the transom cut out for an outboard. Had '72 222 for five years. Fun boat.