Is anyone have experience in keep saber 28 in the water and sailing in north east winters?

Nov 18, 2020
Saber Sabre 28 Mark III Glen Cove
Hi All
I own 1984 Saber 28. This winter I'm staying in the water in a slip on long island. I'm planning to sail on relatively nice days.
Is anyone have experience in keeping saber 28 in the water and sailing in north east winters? Mostly interested about engine maintenance and treatment after sailing . Seacock , cooling system and etc
Regards
Eli

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
'There are boats on the East End that stay in all Winter. Most use bubblers or the de-icers. You have to remember that the water will often be warmer than the air. If you go for a sail, and use the engine, you should re-winterize it - unless there's a warm spell and you can sail again before the cold comes back. Seacock closed and if applicably drained. The water system remains closed down as well as the head. But overall a boat in the water on LI is less at risk for freezing than one on the hard.
Some of the most beautiful sails I've had were in the winter. The light is different, the atmosphere is different, the wildlife is different and the wind is different. We used to have a New Year's Day Sail and it was a great way to start the year. A whole lot better than going for a Polar Bear swim!
Check your insurance policy - they don't like it but may sell you a rider. Marina's are not always happy about winter use of boats too.