• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

Introduction/Vega for Sale

Dec 30, 2019
Albin Vega Iowa City
Hi Folks,

My name is Matt (Matt P, not R!). I have a 1976 Albin Vega that I restored over the last few years. This past summer/fall I single handed the boat from California to Hawaii. The sail took 26 days, with 6 of those days spent hove-to 600 miles from Hawaii waiting for Hurricanes Eric and Flossie to cross in front of me. You can see my track here:

The sail was amazing, and the Vega's reputation is well deserved.

Needless to say, due to some unforeseen health circumstances in my family, I am going to have to sell the boat. I hope to purchase another one sometime in the next few years to continue my circumnavigation.

Some details about the boat:
Mast beam - Composite Mahogony and Aluminum. 1" Mahogony, 1/2" Aluminum, 0.5" Mahogony. This combo is bomb proof!
Windows - 1/4" Poly-carbonate, sealed with Butyl tape and secured with SS fasteners every 1.5".
Engine - Yanmar SB8 with a standard transmission and prop shaft. Diesel fuel tank was relocated to the port cockpit locker.
Windvane - Navik
Tiller pilot - Raymarine ST1000
Roller furler - Harken, double track
Sails - Main, Jib, spinnaker. All are in good condition, but the spinnaker eye track on the mast is not in the best condition.
LED lights through out, including a masthead tri-color/anchor light combo
Vhf - Standard Horizon
Solar - 100Watt on custom mount
Battery - EnerSys DataSafe 12HX400
Anti-skid - Kiwi-grip
All the handrails and forward hatch were rebuilt with some additional structure added to them.
The running rigging is in good condition
The standing rigging is original, and in good condition. It underwent a through inspection prior to my departure.
Ground tackle - 160' of 5/16 G4 chain, cut in 2 sections each is ~80'. 200' of 5/8" 3 strand nylon x 2 for a total of 400', 120' of 1/2", 10kg Delta, Danforth, Fortress FX-23, Fortress FX-7 (dingy anchor)
Katadyn Powersurvivor 35 - needs a membrane
Marine head plumbed directly to a thru-hull. I set this boat up for offshore work and hence I ditched the holding tank. I have a 'compositing' 5 gal bucket for in-shore use. The holding tank is available in Oregon if anyone wants it.
I removed the propane system from the boat in favor of a white gas stove. This worked well for me.
Fishing gear

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of stuff, so feel free to ask questions. This boat is ready to go. I have 2 trailers for it. One is in Oregon and the other is in Hawaii. The boat is currently on the hard in Hawaii.

I'd like to get $6,000 for it. There are a couple pieces of equipment that I intend on keeping: ARB Fridge/Freezer, Garmin 206 charplotter, PLB, Handheld Vhf, Dinghy (Tinker Supertramp). For the right offer, I'd be willing to let some of that go. Similarly, I'll sell it for less is I take some of the equipment off (Navik, Fortress).

Cheers,
Matt

20190520_111707.jpg
20190522_173931.jpg
20190614_194533.jpg
IMAG0483.jpg
sm2.jpg
SunsetWingOnWingEarly.jpg

Nov 1, 2019
Albin Vega 27 Carioca Annapolis
Just words of encouragement.
May the best of health be yours soon.
I see you out your heart & soul into this boat.
Plus 2 trailers.
You should ask more.
The Navy MWR Marina would be another place to advertise.
Gorgeous Vega 27
All the best!
- Pete