Interior flotation blocks on a Venture 22.

Sep 6, 2019
MacGregor Venture 22 Trinity Lake
Anybody know where the flotation blocks are really supposed to be located? All of mine are in the stern. There's noting in the bow.

Feb 8, 2017
MacGregor MacGregor 25 Middle River
In my Mac25, (of course same builder), in addition to the stern floatation blocks, the hatch under the V berth holds an equal number of blocks. No other floatation on the boat. I know it’s a little smaller but I would think that there should be floatation there as well. Maybe previous owner used it for storage instead? I’ve certainly considered it, but abandoned the idea in favor of safety.

Apr 19, 2012
O'Day Daysailor 17 Nevis MN
My V-222 had flotation blocks everywhere you could imagine, under the cockpit, below the V-berth, below the dinette seats, below the head, below the galley, I'm sure I've forgotten some.

Sep 6, 2019
MacGregor Venture 22 Trinity Lake
My V-222 had flotation blocks everywhere you could imagine, under the cockpit, below the V-berth, below the dinette seats, below the head, below the galley, I'm sure I've forgotten some.
Great, I think I may need to locate some for the V-berth now. I only had 4 in the stern. Thanks.

Nov 23, 2011
MacGregor 26D London Ontario Canada
I have taken all of the foam that I can get at out of my 26D's. I found it holds water and grows mold.
The boat is much fresher smelling now that I don't have it in the bilge.
I know the flotation was one of Rogers big selling points. I would rather have the storage space.
Years after removing all I could I still get little white balls that find there way into the bilge.
I think instead of foam for a safety backup I'd rather have training.
Marty