interesting, innovative video...

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC

certainly not recommending such an extreme project, but this video illustrates (to me anyway) what can be done with some imagination/ingenuity, some king starboard, fiberglass, foam and other materials, perhaps applicable to our C22's....worth a view IMO...(as in a pre-86 dedicated fuel compartment, etc.)...has given me some ideas...

Last edited:
May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
silly on the motor(s) thing for sure on a small plastic boat, but I thought interesting on the mods, cutouts, etc., as it may apply to a c22...

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I found that video oddly captivating. He certainly didn't take the easy or obvious route, but I couldn't stop watching. A lot of fun.
I love videos that lead you to a new way of looking at something or inspire ideas around the use of a material in new ways.
I once saw a video of a guy using PVC to make a new tiller arm, lower unit and skeg for his outboard. I wouldn't have done it that way, but it sure opened up the possibilities to me.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Flip Floppy the recycled plastic dhow

This is a repurposed plastic bottle that shrinks with a heat gun around a join of two pieces of wood to make strong, glue-free joint.

And yet another way to reuse plastic bottles.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Lazy1

Aug 23, 2019
Catalina 22 13425 A driveway in Pittsburgh
The product is not worth the investment but Yeehaw anyway