Instrument Pod over Companionway

Jan 16, 2021
Sabre 402 Irvington
Got another Sabre question. The instrument pod (3 instruments) over the companion way on my 402 Spartina (see attached picture), anybody know who manufactured it, or was it a custom job ??? I am replacing my wind instrument and after 20 years I am afraid the plastic end caps on the pod are not going to make it, they are already cracked.

IMG_3288 (1).jpg
n my 402 Spartina (see attached picture), do you know who manufactured it, or was it a custom job ??? I am replacing my wind instrument and after 20 years I am afraid the plastic end caps on the pod are not going to make it, they are already cracked.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
That looks like a DIY job to me. That's not a bad thing, imho, because it would be simple to duplicate if you break something. I don't think it would take much to fab a new end cap if needed.

Jan 16, 2021
Sabre 402 Irvington
Thanks, have pulled instrument pot apart before and pieces broke, just super glued it back together, this time I am wondering how it will be coming apart ... will find out soon ...

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Thanks, have pulled instrument pot apart before and pieces broke, just super glued it back together, this time I am wondering how it will be coming apart ... will find out soon ...
Heh. heh .... that's the spirit.