Information ---Builder of Chrysler C22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2004
- - noank, ct.
C-22 builder info

As I understand it chrysler had the hull designed by Herrshoff. when Lee Iacoca took over the ailing car company the boat molds were sold off to a company in this area [ New England] that did nothing with them and they were sold again to a company[can't recall the name offhand but I may have the magazine article still] in the New England area, and they made some boats under a different name. I believe they are not in production anymore but I have seen a few in my travels. They have a very distinctive look, almost classic when you look at the hull design. very tough little boat for it's size. I sailed mine in the Fisher Island sound area and met a former owner who took it to Block Is. I have upgraded to a larger boat now. E-mail me if you need me to get out my research data for more detail on the history. Doug crow495@earthlink.net

S

Sam

Chrysler History - very abbrivated

In in 1965 Chrysler purchased a firm called 'Lone Star' and built boats originally designed by them, in order to sell their (Chrysler) marine outboards. They had Nate Herrshoff design some 3 sailboats a 20', a 22' and a 26' boat. Working with him was a design team from Chrysler, who also designed with imput from others a series of boats from 13' up to 18'. For more detailed information see either chryslersailinglizards.net, or chryslersalors.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.