In need of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carisa

Jul 2, 2007
Catalina 27 Quebec
I was a proud owner of a Catalina 22 for 9 years and i recently graduated to a Catalina 27 1983. There were no informations included with the boat so i have to learn from scratch, sailing is no problem but i would appreciate information as to where to write to get an owners manual or the equivalent, the boat is powered by a Universal Atomic 11 hp diesel, i would appreciate any information regarding that motor maintenance wise, my only experience consist of a 7.4 outboard motor and even that is minimal. I thank you very much.

M

Martin

Catalina 27 info

You may have already tried this but "Catalina Direct" has been a great source for catalina parts and information. I do not have the Phone # handy but just google Catalina Direct and they will pop up.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
go to the Catalina 27 association website...

...for owner's manual and other important stuff. http://www.catalina27.org.

carisa

Jul 2, 2007
Catalina 27 Quebec
Thank you very much.

Thank you for the info, i hope i can help someone one day. I travelled all the way to New London CT for this boat and i love it more every day i spend on it.

May 13, 2007
- - crystal river fla.
same boat

I also have 1983 27 catalina, they were not all out fitted the same but i have an 11 hp. disle, its usally refered to as a 5411 and you can go on line to Westerbreke ( thats probably spelled wrong) and get more info as i have. Manuals are of poor detail but there is a parts catalog from Torresen marine on line thats very helpful. I would like to compare notes as i am not the original owner. Are your engine controls on your wheel post or down towards the cockpit deck.

T

Tim Haibach

Another reference site

In addition to the WAY out of date association site with 80% broken links, there is a Yahoo Group that caters specifically toward Catalina 27 owners. There is no fee to access "special information". I think the group has over 90 members at this point. I found a lot of good stuff there.

J

joe friedman

another place to look

try this also. it's a very good, well-informed site. http://bbs.trailersailor.com/forums/catalina27/index.cgi

Status
Not open for further replies.