I LOVE my Origo!

• Thread starter LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

I just had to extole the virtues of my wonderful Origo oven/stove combo! We just went on a spur of the moment overnighter & I did all sorts of delicious things with that stove. I baked *perfect* cinnamon rolls, made just about the best omelette EVER and browned a yummy loaf of sourdough. If any of you have an old pressurized alcohol stove that flares up or takes forever to pre-heat, get rid of it! Find a used Origo (they're so simple, there's little to break) or buy new & plop it in the same spot. Although I "remodeled" my C27s galley to accomodate the oven, I'm about 90% sure the stovetop would have fit just fine in the old stove's cut out. You won't regret it, cuz you'll actually end up using your stove! LaDonna PS: I love my electric cooler too! :)

R

Ron

Nothing Like Hot Food

We use a Force Ten oven/broiler with three stove top burners. It's propane (Hank Hill) and even burnt food taste great. Must be a psychological thing, but I can live with that. I think it's the independance of it all that makes the food taste so good... even coffee... Have you seen the video called, "Cruising Baja." It's about a Catalina 30 trip fron San Diego to Baja??? I have it if you need a copy??? Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.