I just got this, and I have to post it. It was a few weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
Many years ago, I used to go windsurfing at Elevenmile and Spinney and have been iceboating at Elevenmile also for many years. Antero - now that is a seriously windy place especially in the winter!

Seems there are more and more sailboats at Elevenmile (old Macs are actually the most common - as its mostly a trailer sailing but windy place and I think the old Macs are right up there with the best for these conditions). It is no doubt a place you must have a lot of respect for. About a month ago, a Hobie 18 (first season sailing I beleive) got flipped and ended up turtled - I understand the guys girlfriend was not too pleased about the whole deal. But another guy with a Hobie 18 just screams on the lake and I also sail a Hobie 14 up there. About every fourth time I go out sailing, it turns into some sort of wild adventure. But on the other hand, I almost never get skunked for no wind.

Apr 25, 2005
Macgregor Venture 25 My Backyard
Well I will be posting a few pictures of Fleet week after this weekend. Right now, All I have is this to show all of you where I sail..

Apr 25, 2005
Re: I just got this, and I have to post it. It was a few weeks ago

If you all watch the screen, it looks like it is refreshing evey minute on this site.

We'll be out there all weekend !!!!

Apr 25, 2005
Re: I just got this, and I have to post it. It was a few weeks ago

Well you have to refresh your screen but for this weekend you all will be able to see wha we see.

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Lake Powell

Tigger looks like a big boy. Must be interesting logistics when he needs to find a bush..

Picture from Lake Powell

Attachments

v3n0m

Oct 12, 2008
Catalina 25 Atlantic Beach, Fl
Re: Lake Powell

All I can say is wow... I can wait to post some of my own.

Oct 2, 2008
Macgregor 26s bozeman, MT
Re: Lake Powell

Walt, you're just the guy I need to talk to. I posted on the destinations forum a question about Lake Powell. I'm thinking about a trip to Lake Powell late winter or early spring. Any advice?

Apr 25, 2005
Here is a shot from Fleet Week 2008 in San Francisco. It is a Mig flying by Coit Tower and others....

I have more to come...

Attachments

walt

Jun 1, 2007
A bonus sailing day at 8600 feet in Colorado on Oct 31. The boom/main were put away for the season but had a great day just using the genoa.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.