I hate my ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fred Ficarra

H34 port replacement

Susan, I just changed all 9 of my ports on my 86 34. I went with Beckson. This is admittadly a compromized because of cost. My new ones are plastic so they may yellow some day. I selected the 'rain drain' model for a two inch thick cabin. You would have to pre-install the insides and then mark around the trim ring to determine the spot where the flanges are to be cut so they won't stick out. You will also have to fill with marine tex, the hole for the original drain holes as they are not the same but the rest is a perfect fit. The new ones are great and look even better. The flange that sticks out on the original ports, does so because the factory never took the time to trim them properly. All of the install info is on Becksons web site. If you go with them be sure to follow the instructions. The best idea they have posted is about using liquid dish soap on the hull prior to applying the SILICONE CHAULK. Oh, and the Becksons close quickly too. They have two quick flip levers on each window, not three. If you want I would even send you my old BECKSON quick cam levers from my old 'Gray' windows. I replaced the poor originals when the boat was new. If you want some snaps, let me know. I am at ss427@tscnet.com. I plan to learn how to post pictures here soon. Good luck. Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.