Hydraulic steering install - rookie error??

Oct 15, 2021
Macgregor 26M Blairgowrie
I'm a realtive newbie, my first boat at age 60 is a Macgregor 26M which I love sailing - straight. Before I even sailed her, the steering cable snapped (while out motoring) but it ended ok (I thought) as I got in ok then had a very reputable boat builder group install hydraulic steering. Now the motor only turns 10 degrees to starboard and maybe 25 to port. The hydraulic rod system they used is obviously totally inappropriate (for my $1,000) - can anyone recommend me one that gives me the full steerage I had by cable, I will ship it in and get a better shipbuilder to install it for me. Thanks (from Melbourne Oz)

May 16, 2011
Macgregor V-25 Charlton, MA- Trailer
I'm a realtive newbie, my first boat at age 60 is a Macgregor 26M which I love sailing - straight. Before I even sailed her, the steering cable snapped (while out motoring) but it ended ok (I thought) as I got in ok then had a very reputable boat builder group install hydraulic steering. Now the motor only turns 10 degrees to starboard and maybe 25 to port. The hydraulic rod system they used is obviously totally inappropriate (for my $1,000) - can anyone recommend me one that gives me the full steerage I had by cable, I will ship it in and get a better shipbuilder to install it for me. Thanks (from Melbourne Oz)
Check the motor steering arm pin. I moved mine to the inner pin while installing the quick connect kit from BWY. Honda has two. Now full swing in both directions and tracks with the rudders.