Hunter Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeremy

I just bought a 97' Hunter 26. I want to use it for racing. Does anyone know where i can get a spinnaker for under $700? ALso if i put a spinnaker on what kinda of additional hardware will be needed to add to the boat? Also does anyone on this forum know or race in any regatta's in va? Preferably Claytor Lake, or Smith Mountain Lake. I only have Ford ranger to pull the 260 so i would rtather not travel too far from home! Jeremy

J

Jay Hill

A couple of places and a recommendation

Recommendation first: HOW Emporium offers brand new sail WITH flasher stasher for just a bit more. Give it a shot? Other options: www.minneysyachtsurplus.com has several in stock with luffs of 30-35' for $195 to $595 www.thesailwarehouse.com has all sorts of sails in stock (There site is down at the time of this writing.) and are very nice people. A friend of mine ordered a new mainsail from them just today.

B

Bill Coleman

26 Racing

I race my 26 in the Tennesean at Old hickory lake in Nashville and all most all the regattas at PPYC go to PPYC.com and at Kentucky Lake the have a 100km race that last overnight on the 29th of april, email me billcoleman@home.com I have a custom made Doyle spinnaker and have been racing it since 1995, as far as I know I'm the only one

S

Shep Zedaker

Racing On Claytor

Hopefully, the races for the Claytor Lake Regatta will begin in late May. We will probably have 6 events. Bob Chapin (last year's winner) is supposed to organize the regatta. ZZzz's (1998 winner) and I get to race again this year. Look for postings at the lake and make sure that Bob Chapin has your address. shep

Status
Not open for further replies.