Hunter Passage 42

eianm

Jul 7, 2010
Hunter 42 Sydney
Would anyone have the drawings for the emergency tiller bracket for the 1991 H42 please? My boat didn't have one when I bought it, and i feel irresponsible passaging off shore without one.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Would anyone have the drawings for the emergency tiller bracket for the 1991 H42 please? My boat didn't have one when I bought it, and i feel irresponsible passaging off shore without one.
Hi Eian, do you mean the tiller itself, or the deck slot the tiller slides into? Our boat came with an emergency tiller, but have never used it. Not sure what you mean by bracket.

May 23, 2013
Hunter H42 Passage East Chicago and Hammond
Eianm,
If you cant find the drawing let me know and I can draw up mine next time I get up to the boat. It is on the hard, covered in snow and ice but I do have mine and can make a fabrication drawing for you.

Dec 10, 2016
Hunter P42 16 Caribbean on the move
Eian - is the attached what you're looking for?
Double check your rudder stock against the drawing. My 1990 P42 has a considerably larger stock than the 1.5” tube shown in the drawing. If I had built my replacement tiller from that drawing alone there would have been unacceptable slop in the fit. I had to use 2.75” tubing to match the I.D. of my rudder stock.

Jan 1, 2014
Hunter 42 Upper Chesapeake
I would be interested in knowing how to use it. I believe the connection is on the stern deck. But not sure how it would work given the stern stay wire. I have not actually opened taken off the cap. Not a great excuse but I figured I can always anchor and get a tow.

Now I plan to use my boat for longer trips and anchoring/ getting a tow would not be the most productive

eianm

Jul 7, 2010
Hunter 42 Sydney
thank you all- i am away at the moment and will check dimensions and report back- just to assit in building the knowledge base- thanks very much Jim H42 for the drawing!