Hunter Legend 45 OR 45 - Seaworthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2007
- - Pwllheli
Hi, Does any body have any experience or history as to the seaworthiness of the 1986 Series of Hunter 45 boats. My definition of a seaworthy boat is one that can be taken on the open sea, say the North Atlantic on passage to the mediterranean Sea without expecting any hull, keel, rudder, deck, deck fitting or chain plait malfunction given any weather or seaway put upon it. I know there have been discussions on this topic previously but I at least have never seen a conclusion. The reason for pursuance is that her indoors as shown a desire to own such a boat because it looks well down below and pretty up top and I like most chaps in this situation will do as much as is logical so to do in pleasing. I personally don't like those big, frame less windows and topside lights. better the light comes from traditional hatch lights than stupid hull lights and I absolutely abhor those huge eyebrow lights on the modern yacht. My favorite boat - Beneteau First 435 or 456 real German Frers diamond mass produced copies of Frers designed Nautor Swans and they are by no means ugly ducklings. Kristoria

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
I don't think that the boat has been

built that can cross the North Atlantic in the worst that the North Atlantic can offer up during a strong low pressure event. As to large windows and skylights How fast can you pump water in a storm when one of those blows out? Check out the boats recommended by the Cruising Club of America. They can supply a good list of boats that are safe AND pleasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.