Hunter 50 / 49 oil change pump

Jan 4, 2019
Hunter 50 Halifax & Martinique
My new to me 2011 Hunter 50 has an installed electric pump that drains the oil from the engine and generator. When decommissioning for hurricane season, I could not determine how to get power to that pump. I turned on all 12 v breakers with no luck. I ended up hot wiring the pump directly to a battery and it worked fine. The wires go into a large bundIe that make it difficult to trace. I don’t know if this was factory installed, but any ideas where the breaker might be?

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
Look in the little compartment under the Nav Station where the Battery Switches are. That is where mine is located.

Dec 15, 2019
Hunter 49 San Diego
On my 49, the oil changing pump breaker is on the battery switch panel. It is not located on the panel with all of the accessory breakers for everyday items like lights, VHF, and Radar.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
When struggling to find a wire, you can always try a tone generator. Then just listen to the area an the tone will come through the wire showing you that which you seek.

Here is an example.
PTE Wire Tracer & Circuit Tester - Tone Generator and Probe Kit - Find & Trace Wires and Cables, Test Circuit Continuity, Network Telephone Lines - Features Alligator Clips and RJ-11 Plug

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ADHQCIO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_wa-9Eb6AQNKT6

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 49 60803 Lake Erie
Mine is on the battery switch panel at the end of the settee as well

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
On my boat it is on the forward end of the battery switch panel but it is a small push in/out switch. Easy to miss

Jan 4, 2019
Hunter 50 Halifax & Martinique
Thanks for the replies. I have left the boat for the summer, but looking at pictures I took before we left, I see an oil change pump breaker in with the battery switches under the settee as mentioned above.