Hunter 49/50 Boost Gauge & Water in Fuel Modification

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
I have already modified the standard M200 engine monitoring system to show engine information on the Raymarine E120 MFD's, which also includes a boost pressure gauge. I have purchased the correct Yanmar boost sensor, which I plan to install in the rubber hose coming off the intake manifold on my 4JH4-HTE.
Although the correct thread for the sensor is M12x1.25, it fits into a 1/4-IN x FIP tee. Once I apply thread sealant, I think I will have an airtight connection.
While examining the the rubber hose on the intake manifold, I noticed that my engine fuel filter has a water sensor with an electrical connector.
I plan to ground one of these terminals along with the boost sensor. Then I will wire the boost sensor to the grn/blk pigtail on the M200 and the other water sensor terminal to the grn/red pigtail.
This should give me a boost gauge on the E120 and a "water in fuel" alarm on the M200.

Any thoughts or advise appreciated!

Attachments

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
I have already modified the standard M200 engine monitoring system to show engine information on the Raymarine E120 MFD's, which also includes a boost pressure gauge. I have purchased the correct Yanmar boost sensor, which I plan to install in the rubber hose coming off the intake manifold on my 4JH4-HTE.
Although the correct thread for the sensor is M12x1.25, it fits into a 1/4-IN x FIP tee. Once I apply thread sealant, I think I will have an airtight connection.
While examining the the rubber hose on the intake manifold, I noticed that my engine fuel filter has a water sensor with an electrical connector.
I plan to ground one of these terminals along with the boost sensor. Then I will wire the boost sensor to the grn/blk pigtail on the M200 and the other water sensor terminal to the grn/red pigtail.
This should give me a boost gauge on the E120 and a "water in fuel" alarm on the M200.

Any thoughts or advise appreciated!
Funny you should say this...
There is already a "water in fuel" alarm.
I know, because mine has gone off.
But, I don't recall seeing a sensor on the filter.
Btw, did you see my method for mounting the Yanmar fuel filter?
A WHOLE lot better than the original install

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
Art,
Have not seen your post on Yanmar fuel filter. Can't find it on site, please let me know where it is.
Where was your water in fuel sensor located?

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Just look up posts by me. You'll find it.
It shows a great way to modify the fuel filter mounting. Highly reccomended

I don't know where the water sensor is mounted on my engine. It's not on the main fuel filter, so it must be on the secondary,
I'll check