Hunter 46 Dual Fuel Filter

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Has any Hunter 46, 460 and 466 sailboat owners installed a duplex or stick-built dual fuel filter arrangement? If so, what model and where did you mount it?

Nov 1, 2009
Hunter 466 San Diego, CA
While not stick built, our Filter Boss dual Racor 500 setup can be replicated pretty easily without the additional features of the filter boss. The filter boss guys mounted the two filters on the left and the black control unit/aux fuel filter to the right to make it easier to service filters and remove water from the clear bowls.

We mounted the dual racors to star board, mounted them on the bulkhead facing forward, moved the coolant tank down about 6" to make room.

allan
sv Follow You
La Cruz, MX

(The blue hoses are from the remote oil filter)

Pic 339 Dec. 21, 2019.jpg

Feb 6, 2010
hunter passage456 kemah
While not stick built, our Filter Boss dual Racor 500 setup can be replicated pretty easily without the additional features of the filter boss. The filter boss guys mounted the two filters on the left and the black control unit/aux fuel filter to the right to make it easier to service filters and remove water from the clear bowls.

We mounted the dual racors to star board, mounted them on the bulkhead facing forward, moved the coolant tank down about 6" to make room.

allan
sv Follow You
La Cruz, MX

(The blue hoses are from the remote oil filter)

View attachment 173154
Tell me about the remote oil filter cost difficulty in install

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Most remote oil filter kits let you pick the thread of the replacement filter and have adapters for the thread on the engine side. The kits are ~$15 on eBay, but I spent about $70 for hoses and AN fittings. I prefer the AN fitting to barb and hose clamps
The kits also allow you to install oil temp or oil pressure sensors if the engine didn’t come with one. I added oil temp

9EE6978C-8A43-49AE-A6D8-937E6F9DC057.jpeg
3DE1CEF2-C942-4239-A5E1-8AF9AD83C692.jpeg

Feb 6, 2010
hunter passage456 kemah
Most remote oil filter kits let you pick the thread of the replacement filter and have adapters for the thread on the engine side. The kits are ~$15 on eBay, but I spent about $70 for hoses and AN fittings. I prefer the AN fitting to barb and hose clamps
The kits also allow you to install oil temp or oil pressure sensors if the engine didn’t come with one. I added oil temp

View attachment 173375View attachment 173376
Where to get those cool black woven hoses and red fittings. What is running thru them water or oil

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
They are AN oil lines, to the remote oil filter. I bought off amazon, but any speciality auto store would have it.