Hunter 45CC davits

Nov 19, 2009
Hunter 45CC Ft Pierce and Abaco Bahamas
Do any of you have a 45CC with a davits? Which manufacturer? Never again or do it again?

Nov 19, 2009
Thanks, I'll check them out. What was the installed cost?

Apr 11, 2012
Cataina 400 MK II Santa Cruz
I have Forespar Nova Davits on my Catalina 400. They are very good.

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto

Attachments

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
Forester nova davits are great. they fold easily for winter storage or minimizing your dock fees. be sure to get stainless steel backing plates, --not aluminum-- if you are on salt water. aluminum back plates used with stainless davit mounting bolts are a recipe for corrosion.

May 18, 2016
Hunter 36 Charleston, South Carolina
I installed Forespar Dinghy Davits and the Nova Lift on Hunter 36. Davits took me about 4 hours and the Lift took about 2 hours. I love both of these items. If you have a 4 stroke engine, I highly recommend the Nova Lift. The 8HP Tohatsu that is pictured, weighs around 80 pounds and I really struggled before I had the Nova Lift.
Davits.jpg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Davits are nice and my boat came with them (not put to use yet), but I am beginning to give Terry's idea of attachment to the transom a look. For his boat it did not extend the length of the boat. Could save on dock fees.

Lashed, the dinghy is not just hanging there, adding to weight balance or movement, it appears to be securely lashed to the stern. I guess it is an issue of conditions. If weather is in flux, I think the lashing of the dinghy to the hull might make for a safer passage.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Les, your choice of davits has merit when I look at mine. There is a bar holding the davits apart. Mine are not so separated. This does allow me to swing them together flattening them from protruding beyond the transom and onto dock space. In use, the lines would draw against the outsides of the dinghy thus keeping the davits spread. This will be a project needing consideration for this summers cruising plans.

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
'There is a bar holding the davits apart.' that is a stabilizer to prevent torsion , supplied as an extra by most manufacturers. i am thinking of adding 2 to the fore spar davits to hold a solar panel..

Nov 19, 2009
I decided to go with Kato Marine Island model. They live in the neighborhood where the boat is now and they recommended a rigger that has done several 45CCs. We are going to raise it 18" due to the high transom and to also try to adapt a motor life with the davits having solar panels on top. Should be installed next week. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
Catalina 385 Marquette. Mi
You are gonna love da Kato's. Dont forget the torsion bar. If you are planning on keeping the motor on the transom of the dinghy, also get the larger purchase blocks on the motor side of the davits. And maybe the additional supports?

Torsion bar wasnt added yet in this photo.

Attachments

Nov 19, 2009
Yeah I got the upgraded blocks both sides, the braces and the torsion bar will actually be where the solar panel mounts are. Also got the clam cleats in case I'm singlehanded. I'm also coming up with an idea for an additional brace to even make the davits stronger