• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

Hunter 386 cabin lighting replacement

Sep 11, 2019
Hunter 386 Lake St. Clair
Hey Guys, looking at swapping out our cabin lights with led. Question 1, how do I get access to bulb ( I'm sure these things are getting brittle after 20 years). Question 2, any ideas regarding replacement? Thanks,

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
A photo of the lights and their inside and outside dimensions would help. Do they have an integral switch? Do they have a ring you can pop off to get access to the light? You might be able to match the light and buy them from this site SailboatOwners.com search .

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019
Hunter 386 Lake St. Clair
Sorry for the later reply, just got back to the boat yesterday. Attached is a picture of the light in question.
IMG_2309.JPG

Jul 29, 2004
Hunter 340 Lake Lanier, GA
Sorry for the later reply, just got back to the boat yesterday. Attached is a picture of the light in question.View attachment 196662
Gary, the white bezel snaps on and off the base, using a small screwdriver or fingernails to pry it loose. Be careful though as the glass lens is loose in the bezel and easy to drop. I believe the LED bulb is a side pin G4. I bought mine at marinebeam.com about 5 years ago. They are also available on the store site here. edited: I had posted a bad link see next post for correct link. Interesting, the corresponding part for the H340 is white, not beige.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
You might work your light switch on/off. Mine sometimes do not work with little use.
Jim...