Hunter 34 Cabin Redo/ Redesign

Jul 4, 2015
Hunter 34 Menominee, MI; Sturgeon Bay WI
Hi;

Got tired of sleeping in the V-berth. Refinished the cabin sole this winter, and installed a collapsing table pedestal, cut down the table size:
1) long table was mostly wasted space, very heavy
2) allowed more covered space for tool storage against the stbd cabin side matching the fore- and aft under seating storage compartments
3) now sleeps two adults on the stbd side much more comfortably than the v-berth
Made appropriate filler cushions. Am going narrow the inner cushion by an inch just for cosmetic reasons.
20180818_072522.jpg
20180818_072746.jpg

Just food for thought....

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
That is superb work. Makes it look like my interior! :)

Have fun, know you will. :)

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Nice job. I have to say that the H34 has the worst interior design that any other boat in its size. It starts by needing a ladder to get into the narrow, low ceiling v-berth. The stern berth is not much better. There is hatch near on top of that table location which is convenient except when it rains. Otherwise I loved the boat.

Jan 5, 2018
Hunter H34 0828 New Orleans
Q: Where do you 'store' the larger square cushion when the bed is not in use? Shannon

Sep 11, 2015
Hunter 31 Marina del Rey
Nice job. I have to say that the H34 has the worst interior design that any other boat in its size. It starts by needing a ladder to get into the narrow, low ceiling v-berth. The stern berth is not much better. There is hatch near on top of that table location which is convenient except when it rains. Otherwise I loved the boat.
For the record, I think the 80s Hunter 31 has one of the best interior designs possible (I agree that the Hunter 34 has some issues around the high v-berth and the split head):
- You have a full table than can be used by four adults for dinner, as a desk for work or for other things without blocking the passage front to back. I have not seen this on any other boat short of 40 feet.
- The stern berth on the H31 is an 8.5 feet long double. I have not seen this on any boat yet.
- The galley is close to perfect for the boat size
- The main salon can sleep three people when needed on an island trip, quite rare these days

Do not bad mouth these excellent boats :)