Hunter 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

Oct 5, 2004
Hunter 420 Passage San Diego
Just had my first two races on my old (74) 25. We did pretty good considering my old sails. Two third place finishes in a six boat fleet. Each first place finisher got last in the other race so I'm off to a good start for the series total. I don't think I can resist new sails for much longer.

D

Darrel Richards

New Sails

New sails make a world of difference. Had a new open foot main made for my h23 this year and that coupled with a new 135% from last year has put me as the low point boat in my club after 5 races. 3 first and 2 seconds in a 6 race series. The series includes 4 bouy races and 2 coastal races. Highly recommend replacing the worst sail now and then replace the other next season. You'll be happy you did.

S

Scott Davis

Loose Foot Main Sail?

I am pretty interested in your main sail. Could you provide us with the spec's and where you got it? Scott H 23 "No Alibi"

C

C. Caddell

also have loose footed main

I sail a 1989 H27-2 on Lake Norman, NC and my 3-yr. old main is loose footed. It was made by Schurr Sails out of Fla. I was a little skeptical at first, since I've been racing a FIRST 35 for many years with a conventional footed main. However, there are a lot of one-design classes of boats that only use them, and I've not been disappointed. You may even save a couple of bucks. If you boat is a masthead rig, you may want to replace the jib first, if a fractional rig, I'd go with a new main.

C

Cliff Ruckstuhl

Scott

Are you looking for info on the loose footed main? I assume your on Lake Erie. You can see my UK Tape Drive main on my 25.5. Were at Harbor Park on Cawtaba Island. Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.