Hull Transducer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2005
Oday 25 Escondido, CA
Is the hull of a '76 cored or all fiberglass? I just bought a new depth guage and would like to mount it up in the v-berth but I am not sure what the hull material is and for that matter if the transducer will sound thru the hull. Thanks

B

bruce

hull

if you can reach the bottom and flood the area with 1-2 inches of water, just set the transducer in it and see if you get a reading. the hull prob is solid glass/mat etc.

P

Peter Bud

On my 222 I mounted my transducer inside the hull. I tested both the location and wether or not it would work through the hull by putting the transducer in a large zip lock bag. This way you can get it right up to the hull in water without flooding your boat.

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
Hull transducer reply

Peter, That was a pretty good idea. Where abouts to you place the transducer and how were you able to mount it? Joe

P

Peterbud

Transducer

Joe I put mine up in the V berth right behind the wooden box for water bottle. That way it is out of the way and is protected.

P

Peter bud

Transducer

Joe I mounted it with silicon. I used a transducer to thoot through the hull. I used it all last year and had no issues with false readings. I am using the Raymarine St40 system.

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
Transducer reply

Thank you for the info Peter. I've been thinking of getting one for my boat and that would be where I would mount the transducer too. I'm going to check out the Ray-marine ST-40. Thanks again. Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.